Saturday, February 6, 2016

What it's really like after Disney

My program has now been over for a little over 6 months, and I could have in no way anticipated how different my life would be after returning home from my program. Every Disney commercial turns me into a crying mess. I dream about going back every single day. I spend a lot of my watching Youtube videos of Disney shows, parades, and fireworks. I look through my pictures constantly trying to hold back the tears. My life has been forever changed. The friends I met on my program still dominate my newsfeed, Instagram, and my top Snapchat friends. We have a group chat on Facebook where we talk at least once a week. Whenever any of them send me a text or tag me in a post, my whole mood changes because these people are some of my best friends. You don't realize how hard it is to have long-distance friendships until 95% of your friendships are long distance. By moving to Florida for a year, I lost a lot of my friends back home. I only have about 3-4 close friends left in Oregon, and the rest of my friends are spread out across the world. There are constant discussions of a reunion, but planning around everyone's schedules is harder than you would think. Disney is one of the best and the worst things that ever happened to me. I wouldn't change the experience or the friends I made for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment